falling softly

an Oregon girl in Copenhagen reflecting on: loving my guy and baby girl; faith, politics and turning frustration into humble activism

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

singing the wrong song!

"The sun is shining, the grass is green...." Actually, the sun is shining today, but the grass isn't green, not yet, more a shade of gray, due to lack of light this winter... hmm. But the point is, these are the first words in the very unseasonal song I have in my head: "White Christmas!" Why am I humming a Christmas song in the middle of March? Not just humming it, in fact, but singing it out loud to Katie while doing things like getting dressed, washing dishes, etc. Well, I've always loved Christmas music - like to start playing it in early November, if I can get away with it. But now it's almost spring (or should be), and I need to get myself together... what are some summer tunes I can hum instead - any thoughts out there? I'm thinking that Carlos Santana song (you know, the one they play a million times on the radio every summer - "give me your heart, make it real, or let's forget about it"?) would be a start...

Katie and I will go babyswimming today - she loves it! She's a little fish as soon as she gets in the water, kicking and splashing. The mommy thinks it's a bit of work doing all that changing, washing, and so forth, but we get a nice walk out of it, and we both do enjoy it a lot.

Well, that was a bit of nothing I've just written, but some days that's the way it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home