falling softly

an Oregon girl in Copenhagen reflecting on: loving my guy and baby girl; faith, politics and turning frustration into humble activism

Saturday, March 25, 2006

She's growing fast!

Wow, being a parent is incredible. I feel like I have received such a wonderful gift, being able to watch a sweet, joyful little person live and learn and grow. Katie is sitting up by herself now, getting frustrated when her plan for a toy doesn't work (though we can't always tell what it is she wants to do...). I do feel too, like being a parent is a very real reminder about God's parent-love for us - only so many more times more understanding and all-encompassing than I can imagine extending to another person, even Katie. And I guess I am even more dependent on Him than she is on me... even when I don't see it myself.

Some pictures of the little one:


"Gotta show Mommy how this writing thing's done... babybloggers unite!"


Sweet Katie!


"Berkeley, here I come!"


Another new development - drinking from a sippy cup by herself!(Unless she's tired - then she needs some help from Mommy or Daddy!)


"My parents have totally fallen for me, and I know it!"

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Matt Basinger said...

Hi Emily! How fun to catch up with what you are up to through your blog! Your babie Katie is ADORABLE--what gorgeous eyes she has--just like her mother.

Much love,
Jacinda

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Joel + Sarah said...

Wow those eyes are amazing! Your daughter is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home