falling softly

an Oregon girl in Copenhagen reflecting on: loving my guy and baby girl; faith, politics and turning frustration into humble activism

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

so it's been awhile

Well, I pretty much set the record for shameful lapses in blogging - but really, in the scheme of things, who cares?

We have enjoyed a fabulous summer in the US - we spent a lot of time at the Oregon Coast and in Portland, and made it up to Seattle and Vancouver a few times. We took a great camping trip in Central Oregon, which was gorgeous. We got to see a lot of friends, though we wish we would have gotten even more time with them! And had lots of time with family. We even made it over to the East Coast for a couple of weeks, which was really fun. We hit Toronto, Boston, New York and Washington, new experiences for both of us: even though I was in New York and Washington on a school trip as a teenager, it was pretty different seeing it now, of course!

Katie is growing so fast - she hasn't started walking on her own yet, but would like to walk everywhere if given the chance - she needs to work up some more confidence, I guess!


Peter and Kathryn in West Seattle, in June.



In West Seattle enjoying the breeze, in June.



First time in the sand! In Pacific City, Oregon, in June.


I can see that I'm going to need to add some of the pictures later - not sure which file they're in!

It's nice to be home now, and I've just started studying arabic in the evenings! Don't know if that was a dumb move, but I'm certainly enjoying it!

So I can ask things like,
ما سموكا؟
(what is your name?), which I'm sure I spelled wrong - have no idea how these arabic letters work on the computer keyboard...

So, a resolution - will try to keep up with the blogging now that I'm home. :)

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Peaby said...

Welcome back! (to the world of blogging...that is.)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Brazenlilly said...

Hey! I admit...I had given up on you. Until I saw your comment on Mike's blog. Glad you had a good trip...sorry we didn't see you more. More pictures of katie would be great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home