falling softly

an Oregon girl in Copenhagen reflecting on: loving my guy and baby girl; faith, politics and turning frustration into humble activism

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Some news, and waiting for more

Yeah... when I last blogged in September I was pretty determined to keep my blog up ... and now it's been 4 months! My old friend Mike, I've just seen, sort of apologized for slacking in keeping up his blog - and he last wrote 3 weeks ago! Well, I won't even try to promise that I'll update it really often, but here's to hoping it becomes a little more regular!

First, the big news (and yes, I'm terribly late in posting it): we are expecting our second child, with a due date of June 18 this year. (I'm betting on the 15th - it's not scientific, but if you want an explanation, I figure that 2nd children come a little earlier than first ones?)

Here's a picture of the little guy/girl at our ultrasound on December 14:


We're hoping to find out if it's a boy or girl at the next ultrasound next wednesday, Jan. 31! And are also looking forward to seeing the baby again - it's so much fun to see them moving and see that they are healthy! So we're feeling happy and blessed.





Some pictures of Katie...



a serious reader

















With her girl cousins here in Denmark




















and with her favorite Christmas present!

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Emily--this is exciting news! Congrats to you and Peter! Wow! Very cool! I hope all continues to go well. And Katie is just beautiful. I wish I could see the two of you in your fantastic parenting action. What a sweet, beautiful family you all must be! Keep me posted on the PhD thing, k? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home