falling softly

an Oregon girl in Copenhagen reflecting on: loving my guy and baby girl; faith, politics and turning frustration into humble activism

Friday, June 08, 2007

Start spreading the news (da, da da da daaah)...



... I'm leaving today... I want to be a part of it, New York, New York!

Okay, so we're moving to New York City this August! Peter, Katie, the new little one (to be arriving soon - due date in 10 days!) and I will be flying out of this Nordic city and arriving in Manhattan, where we will be starting a new chapter, so to speak!

I'll be starting as a Ph.D student in political science at Columbia University! Wow, I'm intimidated, but I'm also so excited - I've got to kick my brain back into gear and get ready for some serious studying!



Meanwhile, Peter is preparing for his new stay-at-home-dad role, which he is looking forward to! I'm thinking it's going to be hard to start studying full time when Bjorn (as he's going to be called) is only 2 1/2 months old, but I know his daddy will be taking fantastic care of him while I'm over at the library. And, we'll be living in university family housing, which means I will have all of 5 minutes (walking) commute time!

We're excited - now, aside from our impending birth, there's just a few details we're sorting out here... our apartment's been sold (we're so thankful this has gone so smoothly!!), and now it's just immigration and a trans-atlantic move to wrap up! :)

2 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I've been checking and checking for updates and then suddenly this fantastic news! Emily, I'm so excited for you for one and happy for me for two! ;-) Of course, you are going to have to suffer a visit or two from me and I'd love to host you and the fam out to Princeton any time you feel you want to make the hour train ride. :-) Hurray!!!! I hope all the details/logistics/giving birth!!/etc between now and August go well!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Wow, congrats on getting accepted and good luck with the cross-ocean move!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home